For all those who are signed up for clinics, this blog post is for YOU! The Clinic Crew!
There are a final few reminders to Ice Fest attendees as we go into the one week countdown. We are really excited about all the folks who are coming to the 25th Mount Washington Valley Ice Festival! Here are a few items clinic participants will need to know.
- All clinics meet at IME with demos located throughout the building
- 7am FRI & SUN: Doors open for Mount Washington Ascent ONLY
- 7:30am on SATURDAY: Doors Open for Learn To Lead, Ice Anchors, Glacier Travel & Crevasse Rescue, & Marc Chauvin’s Mountain Guide Manual Clinic.
- 8am FRI, SAT, & SUN: Doors open for all clinic participants.
- Clinic participants should bring their warm base layers and all of the gear they would like to use while out climbing. There is a ton of outerwear to demo, so count on that! All attendees who are signed up for a clinic get first dibs on demos on the day of their clinic. Individuals not signed up for clinics will be allowed to demo gear as of 9am each morning.
- We need you to fill out a waiver each morning. Yep! Each morning, it is the best way with our registration system and also pacing folks entering the demos, their clinics & guides. Thank you for understanding.
- Clients are encouraged to bring their own locking carabiners, belay device, harness, and helmet. But please feel free to try out a ton of demo gear! That is what it is there for and makes the sponsors so psyched to see their gear fly out the door! We’re talking boots, helmets, crampons, ice tools, harnesses, packs, gloves, gaiters, jackets, and MORE!
- Individuals who have signed up for clinics with International Mountain Climbing School (IMCS) are well within the ten day limit for cancellations. Deposits will no longer be refunded. If you have questions please call IMCS at: 603-356-7064
- Here is a map of where you can park. There is a tunnel and a walkway from the parking to main street, so you do NOT have to walk up River Rd:
- Pack a generous lunch, snacks, and a thermos with a warm drink for your day out. We use many more calories when exercising in the winter than in the summer. Bring food that you will want to eat and can eat in small portions at consistent intervals. We also recommend a thermos with a hot drink to help you stay hydrated and warm!
- There will be LOTS of coupons in your packet that you receive in the mornings! Be sure to check them out! Discounts from Outdoor Research, Untapped, Flatbead Co, The Local Grocer, Bagels Plus, IME & MORE!
- Boogalows Island BBQ Food Truck will be at IME after you’re done climbing from 3:30-5:30pm and at the evening shows (doors open at 6:30) at Theater In The Wood, Interval, NH. Feel free to show up hungry and grab your dinner from them! Nomnomnom!
That’s all we got! Have specific questions about the clinics? Call IMCS and they will help you out: 603-356-7064