Photo by: Bruce Kirkby
Meet Majka Burhart. She is one of the awesome guest guides for the 2009 Ice Fest. This lady does it all, and sends too! She is a writer, climber, and an AMGA certified Rock Guide. She has been guiding rock, ice, and alpine terrain since 1998, and now you can hang with her too! She’ll be at the Ice Fest guiding and attending the festivities. Fun stuff!
Her top five ascents are:
1. Imje Tse, solo, Nepal, 1998
2. Resurrection Des Roses, March 2005, 5.12c, Teghie Lisce, Corsica 2004
3. Learning the Hard Way, 5.10+, III, First Ascent, Tigray, Ethiopia 2006
4. Armageddon Time, December 2007, 5.11+, V, Du Toits Kloof, South Africa
5. And finally, while learning how to become a Northeastern Ice Climber: Omega, WI5+, IV, Cannon Cliff, NH, 2008.
To see what she’s up to check out her blog, The Liminal Line, and also her most recent book, Vertical Ethiopia.
Majka Burhart gracefully making her way up a lil’ bit o’ rock and a lil’ bit o’ ice!