Hulk Hogan says “You ready for these guns?” He’s gettin’ psyched for the Climbers-Face Off!!! Photo by Cormac Cordery-Cotter, and Ice Holdz athlete/Hulk Hogan look alike, Rob Cordery-Cotter.
When: Friday, Feb. 6th
Where: Cranmore Climbing Wall, North Conway, NH
Doors Open: 7:00pm
Official Start: After Kevin Mahoney’s slideshow
Route Setter: Will Mayo
Featured Sponsor: Ice Holdz
The Climbers Face-Off Beta:
– “Face-Offers”: Five “Ice Fest Pro” climbers, Five “Ice Fest Joey” climbers, & one Wild Card climber.
– There will be a box for people to put their names into when they first come at 7pm to have a chance to be an “Ice Fest Joey”.
– You may only put your name in once into the box.
– Suggested “Ice Fest Joey” prerequisites: Climb at least M8 on lead.
– We will choose five lucky “Joey’s” out of the box after Kevin Mahoney’s slideshow.
– Will Mayo will show one attempt/demonstration to all the “Face-Offers”.
– All “Face-Offers” turn around and suit up in harness and shoes (shoe’s are TBA could be climbing shoes, could be sorrel boots- hey, it’s NH right?)
– All “Face-Offers” will twiddle their thumbs while the sending and failing happens behind them.
– Each “Face-Offer” gets only one attempt at the route.
– Each “Face-Offer” must use the provided tools.
– Helmets must be worn.
– Tools will be sharpened when needed.
– There will be 2 official judges.
– There is a 10 minute limit to climb the route.
– The “Face-Offer” to get the highest or to complete the route wins.
– In the event of a tie…..TBA.
– Prize: $100 cash, & bunch o’stuff from our sponsors!
Get psyched! Start training! Come watch! Don’t miss it!
Will Mayo at the 2009 Ouray Ice Fest and our 2009 MWV Ice Fest route setter! Have you met Will? In a nutshell, he rocks! John Evans Photography