|Guest guide Silas Rossi: Internationally Certified AMGA/IFMGA Mountain Guide & is an AIARE Level I avalanche educator.|
We just got a ton of snow last night, and if you’re thinking you need to hone in on your avi skills you should come do it doing the Ice Fest! It is a 3 day course that will be taught by one of our amazing guest guides, Silas Rossi.
Silas is originally from Maine, and has a strong passion for the White Mountains here in New Hampshire. He recently became an Internationally Certified AMGA/IFMGA Mountain Guide and is an AIARE Level I avalanche educator. He, in our humble opinion, is one the best at teaching the AIARE Level I course. Silas has skied and climbed all over the mountains here in New England, but also in Wyoming, British Columbia, and Europe! If your going to be spending some time in the mountains this year, and in the years to come it is essential to educate yourself properly on avalanche hazard management. We strongly recommend this course, and with this guest guide. You won’t regret it!
Now the AIARE Level I avalanche course is a 3 day course that will:
- Provide a basic understanding of avalanches.
- Describe a framework for decision making and risk management in avalanche terrain.
- Focus on identifying the right questions, rather than on providing “answers.”
- Give lessons and exercises that are practically oriented, useful, and applicable in the field.
At the end of the Level One course the student should be able to:
- Plan and prepare for travel in avalanche terrain.
- Recognize avalanche terrain.
- Describe a basic framework for making decisions in avalanche terrain.
- Learn and apply effective companion rescue.
To read more about this course visit: http://ime-usa.com/imcs/avalanche_aiare.html
To sign up call: 603-356-7064
Hurry space is limited! Be safe out there, and have FUN!