We have some amazing news this morning!
Hyperlite Mountain Gear is flying over internationally acclaimed ice/rock/alpine climber Cecilia Buil to guide at the Mount Washington Valley Ice Fest! She has been a guide since 2005 and has been ice climbing passionately for the past 16 years throughout Europe, Asia, the US and more. She is constantly leading WI6 pitches, and at the end of this post there is some beautiful footage of her doing so.
Below are just a few of her favorite and most proud climbs over the years:
- Nuit Blanche, WI6, 120 m., Chamonix, France
- Lipton ice, III, 210 m., WI7, Rjukan, Norway
- Trollfossen, 600 m., VI, WI6, laerdal, Norway
- Marilyn Manson, 140 m.,WI6+/7 in Brunnintal, Austria.
- New route, Gioconda, VI, 160 m., WI6, at 4100 m. in Marmolejo valley
- New route, Anatolia, III, 100 m.., WI6, in Czevizly valley, Turkey
What to climb with Cecilia Buil during the Ice Fest? Here is what she is guiding and includes two women’s only clinics!:
- FRIDAY: Ladies Just Want To Ice Climb
- SATURDAY: Women’s Steep Ice Clinic
- SUNDAY: Ice Climbing For Rock Climbers
Her clinics will fill up quickly, so call to asap to reserve your spot! We are so psyched to have this rad lady apart of the Mount Washington Valley Ice Fest, and a big thank you to Hyperlite Mountain Gear for helping her get her over here!